Privacy & Cookies
provider of this Website. MyBirthdayHits.com takes the privacy of your information very seriously. This
use of the Website.
found at: MyBirthdayHits terms.
Definitions and interpretation
||collectively all information that you submit to MyBirthdayHits.com via the Website. This
definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection
||a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of
the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used
by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
|Data Protection Laws
||any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to
the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing
laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;
||the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
|UK and EU Cookie Law
||the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the
Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
|User or you
||any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by
MyBirthdayHits.com and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a
consultant or otherwise providing services to MyBirthdayHits.com and accessing the Website in
connection with the provision of such services; and
Website the website that you are currently using, mybirthdayhits.com, and any
sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- references to sub-clauses, clauses, schedules or appendices are to sub-clauses, clauses, schedules
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
Website. It does not extend to any websites that can be accessed from this Website including, but not
limited to, any links we may provide to social media websites.
- For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, MyBirthdayHits.com is the “data controller”. This
means that MyBirthdayHits.com determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is
- We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- IP address (automatically collected);
How we collect Data
- We collect Data in the following ways:
- data is given to us by you ; and
- data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
- MyBirthdayHits.com may collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
- when you contact us through the Website or e-mail or through any other means;
Data that is collected automatically
- To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
- we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps
us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date,
times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its
- we will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your
browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on the Website, see the section
below, headed “Cookies”.
Our use of Data
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the
best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the
- improvement of our products / services;
- We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate
interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see
the section headed “Your rights” below).
Who we share Data with
- We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
- any of our group companies or affiliates – to ensure proper administration of the website and
- third party service providers who provide services to us which require the processing of personal
data – to help third party service providers in receipt of any shared data to perform functions on
our behalf to help ensure the website runs smoothly. ;
Keeping Data secure
- We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
- access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you.
- we store your Data on secure servers.
- Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you
suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by
contacting us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your
computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit
www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
- Unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law, we will only hold your Data on our
request that the Data be deleted.
- Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory
- You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
- Right to access – the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any
time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to
the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is
“manifestly unfounded or excessive.” Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your
request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
- Right to correct – the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your Data – the right to “block” us from using your Data or limit the
way in which we can use it.
- Right to data portability – the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
- Right to object – the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our
- To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing
of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this
e-mail address: email@example.com
- If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us,
you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is
the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website at
- It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your
Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
- This Website may, from time to time, provide links to other websites. We have no control over such
prior to using them.
Changes of business ownership and control
- MyBirthdayHits.com may, from time to time, expand or reduce our business and this may involve the sale
and/or the transfer of control of all or part of MyBirthdayHits.com. Data provided by Users will, where
it is relevant to any part of our business so transferred, be transferred along with that part and the
the Data for the purposes for which it was originally supplied to us.
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
improve your experience of using the Website and to improve our range of services. MyBirthdayHits.com has
carefully chosen these Cookies and has taken steps to ensure that your privacy is protected and respected
at all times.
- All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
- Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting
your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling
MyBirthdayHits.com to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent
to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
- This Website may place the following Cookies:
|Type of Cookie
|Strictly necessary cookies
||These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for
example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart
or make use of e-billing services.
||They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move
around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website
works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
||These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to
personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for
example, your choice of language or region).
- You can find a list of Cookies that we use in the Cookies Schedule.
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers
accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to
access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
- It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help
and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your
- For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to delete
cookies from your computer.
provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent
required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of this
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be
deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All
disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and
to time or as may be required by law. Any changes will be immediately posted on the Website and you are
alterations. You may contact MyBirthdayHits.com by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
09 July 2020
Below is a list of the cookies that we use. We have tried to ensure this is complete and up to date, but if
you think that we have missed a cookie or there is any discrepancy, please let us know.
We use the following strictly necessary cookies:
|Description of Cookie
||To determine if visitor has accepted or rejected the analytical / preformance cookies.
We use the following analytical/performance cookies:
|Description of Cookie
|_ga, _gid, _gat_gtag_[code]
||To allow Google Analytics to identify unique users across browsing sessions.
|__qca __ssid _fbp _ga _gcl_ vimeo_cart vuid
||Vimeo playback tracking.